Differences between airport and mall shoppers include the following:
The first and somewhat obvious difference revolves around the reason why people are at the mall as opposed to the airport. Shoppers visit a mall with the primary purpose of shopping, but people at an airport are generally there for one of three reasons:
- To travel, or
- to pick up or drop off someone who is traveling or
- to work at the airport. Thus, shopping is at best a secondary consideration for airport visitors;
2. Airport shoppers may have higher stress levels due to travel anxieties and an unfamiliarity with the airport;
3. The customer demographic in the airport is more affluent than at malls due to the influx of business and international travelers;
4. Due to the fast-paced environment of the airport, many shoppers are not in the proper mindset to browse;
5. Product sizes and quantities are major concerns for airport shoppers;
6. Airport shoppers frequently buy gifts for those at home, so the gift market is the primary product category they seek.
Want to know more about what we do?
contact us today at +31 6 54988843 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org